The parish Church of St Anselm located in the centre of Nin, was the Nin cathedral during the rule of Croatian Kings and later. It was built in the 6th century and restored during the reign of King Zvonimir in 1070 and through history suffered damage several times and assumed its present-day appearance in the 18th century. On one side of the Bell Tower the lateral chapel of St Marcela called „Our Lady of Zečevo“ leans against the church; the church is from the 15th century and contains the statue of Our Lady with the Divine Child in her arms. The chapel also contains Renaissance work, a tombstone of the Nin Bishop, Juraj Divnić. In 1646, before the Venetian attack, the statue was transferred to Zadar and ten years later returned again to the lateral chapel of the Nin church, where it can be found today. The Mother of God, who is worshipped here as Our Lady of Zečevo is especially celebrated in Nin and this church is its main annual holy place, in the Zadar diocese even today.
The Bell Tower of the parish Church of St Anselm stands to the west of the Church, the one time the cathedral, as a free standing building made from treated stone. Some 30 years ago, great restoration work was done on the Bell Tower and its original forms were discovered. The Bell Tower is considered to have originated in the 13th century and reconstructed in the 17th century.